Wednesday, July 25, 2012

New Things

I love this picture.



It's my favorite color and my favorite instrument all wrapped into one.
I also love art. Art of all kinds...though art that involves cellos is always a winner with me.
I really like retro modern anything (including the amazing folk stuff), pop art (mainly Roy Lichtenstein), anything Boticelli ever painted, Monet....this list could take me all day. Music and art are both things that I have a very wide-reaching love affair with.

Today was a pretty good day! I had a job interview, and I think (knock on wood!) that it went very well. I had to sight-sing, conduct, play cello (I hit them with a double-whammy of the prelude to the 1st Bach cello suite AND Julie-O), write an essay, and answer a lot of questions. It was by far, the most interesting interview I've ever had.

I really hope I get the job! It seems like a very nice school district.

Also, I stopped at one of those Amish-run grocery stores where they sell factory 2nds and damaged boxes or other foods that companies don't want to sell anymore. It's amazing how much money you can save on a box of cereal that only has a dent in it. I think it's important to support smaller businesses like that anyway.

I like their portion sizes better, too. For example, instead of buying a six-pack of those 12oz. Coke bottles, I can buy them individually. 3 FOR $1.00!!!! Now you tell ME where you can find a better deal than that? Sunset Outlet in Lebanon, PA...you're awesome. Everyone should go shop there. Their deli is amazing.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment