Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Life

It is totally ridiculous how hard it is to get a music teaching job these days.

I think I put in...100 applications??? (and for the sake of all that is holy, I look GOOD on paper, too!) I had 12 interviews and still haven't gotten a job. I mean, why can't the interviewers ask more in-depth and important questions?

Such as: "Do you plan on having a nervous breakdown in the next 5-10 years? Do you take prescription crazy pills? Will you force kids to play Bach and Beethoven consistently, even though they clearly prefer popular music?"

Seriously...I am an awesome strings teacher. I'm funny and cool and I know my stuff. I think outside the box. I'm not afraid to take risks. Someone read this and hire me in your school district. I need something new and exciting in this life!

No comments:

Post a Comment